Listed well below RRP to clear stock.
The handle is made from polished wood with brass bolster that ensures strength. Kife has a good grip and unique look!
Hand grind razor sharp damascus steel blade.
Overall length 33 cm long
Blade length 21 cm
Handle length 12 cm
Weight Approx. 260 Gram
Damascus steel is a mixture of 1095HC and 15N20 heated and folded together over and over again to get layer patterns. The knife in this auction has 384 layers. The blade is then burnt in acid, and nickel turns satin and high carbon turns blackish grey. This is how the layers are exposed to show the layers of the new steel created known as "Damascus Steel". All Damascus steel is acid etched to show the layers. If you high polish the metal it will be shinny satin like all steels. Only after you burn the sides of the blade with acid do you see the layers of the two steels then the handles are polished and hand grind the blade. The high polishing buffs off the acid burned layer of the handle, however if etched again the patterns would show up again. Damascus steel is known for its ability to retain sharp edge for long time and for a very high hardness.
Product Care Instructions:
- Any steel would stain and so would Damascus steel if exposed to prolonged moisture, however if used properly and cared for it can last years.
- Store in a dry place and after use, wash and dry the blade an apply any food safe lubricating oil.
- Not recommended to be washed in dishwasher.
- If you are not pleased, send us an email notifying us of the situation and we will try to solve your problem.
- Price is for one knife
- Buyers 18 years or older
- Delivery 2-7 business days
- $12/per knife in cash $ for handling and nationwide tracked/insured courier
- These are handmade knives and every knife is unique. Slight variations in shape and patterns can happen, photo is one of the stocked similar design knives.